Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Sense of Rain

I see the blinding bolt
of lightening
Bringing with it cascading lashes
of rain;

I hear the whistling blow
of winds
As also the drumming roll
of thunder;

I smell the pleasantness
of moist earth
Just as I enjoy the breath
of fresh air;

I taste sweet joy bursting from the bitter fury
of skies
Even as I drink from my cup
of tea;

I feel the overflowing magic
of mirth
Though shrouded by the gloominess
of dark clouds;

The sense of rain
overwhelms me
Yet the sight, sound, smell, taste & feeling
fills me with wonder & hope.



3 comments:

Destiny's child... said...

Rain!
I can see it has brought out the poet in you. Lovely :)

Ellen said...

Oh yes indeed! ....."Yet the sight, sound, smell, taste & feeling fills me with wonder & hope." - How beautifully you've captured the moment!

KParthasarathi said...

I love the smell of rain and the joy it brings with it.